Sunday, August 5, 2018

The Lords of All We Survey.

August is upon us and it is a time of plenty and easy living. There are always chores to do, but the lawn doesn't need mowing as often, spring cleaning has made the house a little bit more manageable, and we can all sit back and breathe a little easier for a spell.

Herself works on Saturdays, so as a surprise, I took the time to get the kitchen and bathroom into some kind of shape and even cooked a fine dinner for her to come home to of Lemon Pepper Chicken (no, not from one of our own) and a cold Blue Moon in a frosted glass with a wedge of orange (as is the style). I am a terrible cook, but she was well pleased with the results and managed not to wretch or come down with any form of food poisoning.

So here we are. The lords of all we survey.

Not-My-Cat lazing on our potting table (couldn't get a picture, he got up and took to begging for a free meal as soon as I stepped outside).

Coq Au Vin strutting around on the front boards as a literal vision of the "cock of the walk".


And humble me. Sitting on my porch, mildly sweated up from summer heat and morning chores, contemplating the majesty of all of creation. King or pawn, I am just so well pleased with everything that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment