Sunday, June 17, 2018

A 'Father's' Pride

The sun high upon us this morning and quickly heading for it's near solstice zenith.

A little bleary eyed, I walked out this morning with morning treats for the flock. In my shorts and flip flops.

I let the flock out of their run and into the yard. I distributed breakfast.

Although he's been relatively calm and quiet lo, these past many months, Coq Au decided to have a 'go' this morning.  So grateful he was unable to connect with my bare legs! Never the less, I was required to offer a sound kick with my flip flopped feet to encourage the onslaught to cease. One kick drove him back a couple of feet, he came gain, a second kick, and then agitated 'peace'.

As unnerving as a rooster attack always is, I am strangely proud of my baby boy. He still has it in him!

Happy father's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment