Thursday, June 28, 2018

Fried Eggs?

Heat wave has just struck the area and will stay with us through the fourth.

Collected the eggs in short order today, as I wonder if they would end up fried if I left them in the hot coop.

My birds are 'all weather' birds, and by 'all weather' I mean they love an overcast day in the upper forties with no wind and not much else!

Still, they'll endure as they have every year previously. Never the less, when I got home from work, I rushed out some frozen vegetables straight from the fridge.

When I tossed the frozen tid bits into the run, they rushed for them like usual. But pecked gingerly once they realized just how cold the treats were. Lily gave me a troubled look and said "But why? The peas hurt my face. Why would you give me peas that hurt my face?"

Poor thing.

No matter, as they thaw a bit, the flock will eat them and cool down a little at the same time.

This weekend, I'll be sure to pick up some fresh watermelon for them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment