Friday, May 12, 2017

A Quick One.

A quick one.

I ran into someone the other day and in passing, I realized they were leaving the job they are on to get to their second job. The woman remarked that she was working so hard so that she could continue to invest in land back home in Jamaica for her retirement. She and her kin are eager to start farming, have bought some land, and will be obtaining goats, pigs, chickens, and cows, etc. (so jealous!)

Anyway, I mentioned that chickens are pretty easy to raise and she should definitely have a nice flock along with her other planned farming endeavors.

She said "Of course! But chickens are so delicate."

Out of politeness, I did not react strongly to this person in pursuit of her dreams ... so I'll relegate my reaction to here.

"...but chickens are so delicate."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I feel a little better now!

Just for giggles ... here are some other interesting things we've heard people say concerning chickens over the course of the time we've had thus far with them.

"But where do they go in the winter?"

"I want chickens, but my town doesn't allow roosters, so they won't lay any eggs."

"Wait ... you let them eat bugs and then you eat the eggs?"

I'm sure there are other interesting statements that just aren't coming to mind right now. Feel free to comment any anecdotes of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment