Sunday, November 5, 2017

And SPEAKING of Respect.


And SPEAKING of Respect.

“Coq Au, did you know that people are reading about you on every continent?” I asked.

Turns out, that these blog things that seem to be all the rage keep track of various data and metrics. Not specific info, I hope, on specific persons who may stop by to see a blog, at least that info isn’t available to me and I wouldn’t want it to be. But it does tell me how many views, from which countries, and from what browsers, etc. I am fascinated by silly data like this. I can only assume that it is useful for those who are trying to monetize their blogs to be able to zero in on target markets or some such and of course, you can arrange to place ads and try to earn money by clicks and what not … BUT …

I assure you that MY blog will not become a click-bait factory, nor will I look to place ads within its confines! As such, neither am I inclined to invest a dime into this other than my time to relate the silly little chicken stories for no useful purpose other than to entertain myself and hopefully you, my fine readers.

That being said, if I ever do get around to writing that ebook, that I would at least try to link, make folks aware of, or what not … and hopefully, never to the point of annoyance!

Now, unlike those blogs I’ve heard about that feature photos of ladies in their underwear (or without their underwear, for that matter!), my blog counts its entire viewership since its inception in the thousands, and not in numbers encompassing some mass segment of the population.

But for those who are interested, at least ONE PERSON from the following list of countries has stopped by this blog to read about my humble flock at least ONCE:

United States
Australia
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Brazil
Cambodia
Canada
China
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Estonia
France
Germany
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Luxembourg
Mexico
Mongolia
Netherlands
New Zealand
Philippines
Romania
Russia
Rwanda
Slovenia
Sweden
Taiwan
Thailand
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
Venezuela
That hits each continent at least once, if you leave out Antarctica, and that may only be because they don’t seem to collect data from there.

The implications for me are this … chickens are born every day. They live their lives however long or short to whatever purpose. But THESE few chickens … the specific names of the little flock owned by some kook in New Jersey are known SOMEWHERE in the world by SOMEONE. Love him or hate him, Coq Au Vin and his flock mates will not pass from this world entirely unnoticed.

“You may want to show a little gratitude. I’ve helped you become world famous.” I sardonically intoned to my otherwise ungratefully foul fowl.

Nonplussed, he merely replied: “I’d be a lot more grateful if you’d include more breadcrumbs when you’re handing out treats, you stingy bastard.”

Some folks are never satisfied.

Oh well.

I invite you to share this blog. Infect other people with the doings of an angry rooster and the foolish man with infinite patience that has to deal with him.

At the very least, it is a good escape from the issues of the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment