Sunday, July 22, 2018

Bratty Lil Pig

For those of you contemplating getting a pet pig be forewarned! They are smart. Smarter than dogs. Also, they are just smart enough to act like bratty toddlers at times, and they can be moody if they don't get their way!

I love our pet pig Ruby. Like pigs, she is smart, loveable (to us!), she has learned to turn around on command, blow kisses when she's feeling affectionate, and at times to be bratty!

She goes in a large little box filled with pine shavings rather than ... Well ... Cat litter. But lately she's been having an issue where when she goes in, her back end is still facing out and the pee runs over the floor! We don't 'yell' at her, but she can hear the disappointment in our voices and tries to do better. When herself and I hear her going into her box, we jump up, and tell her she's a good girl if she's facing the right way, or tell her to 'turn around' when she's not. If she does well, there are more praises and a carrot for her! Just about have her corrected and there's not been any pee on the floor.

Until yesterday. I had just cleaned the kitchen and she was wanting to come in ... Likely to beg for a treat. I gently backed out of the doorway, singing her praises, and closed the French door. Through the glass, she glared at me briefly and then made up her mind that NOW was a good time to go into the litter box. Hearing her go in, I peeked in and told her to 'turn around'. She would not. Then she let out a hot stream onto the floor while I was watching her.

Okay, I thought maybe t was innocent, and with a disappointed tone I set to cleaning the mess. That miserable little bitch turned around in her box and blew a kiss at me! I knew se wasn't feeling very affectionate at that moment, so this pig literally blew a 'sarcastic kiss' at me!

Fine.

No carrot for you, and you're STILL not coming into the kitchen!


As she lays here in a sunbeam she looks almost innocent!

No comments:

Post a Comment