Thursday, February 1, 2018

Just Enough.

These days, if the traffic is light and the skies clear to allow the dying light to shine a little, I am just able to make it home while the flock is still out.

Whenever I pull into the driveway, they line up along the fence line hoping to see me (read: treats).

With minutes to spare I am able to see my girls, exchange unpleasantries with Coq Au, and distribute some cracked corn and meal worms.

For those of you who may have been concerned, I have not SEEN Mrs. Rabbit, per se. But in the dark of the morning, or the dead of night, as I make my way hither and fore through the yard, I hear her scamper off if my path strays too close to where she is engaging in her nightly forage. By the sound of her flight, I'd say she is A-Okay.

Also, Not My Cat has made an appearance or two on the milder evenings and I am glad he is looking well and well fed; although, this does not discourage him from begging a meal. Regardless of how much he may be getting at home, winter is rough board for the outside animals and I endeavor to give him a nibble, at least, if he asks politely.

Well, there is a lot of winter left. I am not sure what the groundhog will say tomorrow, but regardless of his prognostications I expect more cold, snow, and ice before the whole affair is over for this year.

Sorry girls, no outside run time until we get a goodly break from the cold! Poor things are bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment