Sunday, March 18, 2018

Braised Rabbit.

No not THAT rabbit!

I assure you that Mrs. Rabbit is alive and well!

My lovely bride cooked braised Italian style rabbit for dinner and it was phenomenal!

The flock benefitted as usual from the left overs. They get to pick the meat from the bones, the remnants of the left over vegetable et. al. The d

In such a way, nothing is wasted and the whole family benefits.

As per usual, I delivered the left overs and as I strode out to the run they converged on the door in a manner that meant opening the run door would have me overrun with chickens as they made a mad dash to be first to the treats.

I've grown quite accustomed to this. I plucked a rabbit liver from the top of the scraps pile and as I opened the run door, flung the liver within. Forgotten was the generous plate of leftovers as all chicken heads tracked the liver in flight and made the mad dash in the opposite direction.

Except one.

With the way (mostly) clear, I stepped in and my old nemesis Coq Au glared at me askance.

I knew a fight might be eminent, but I dumped the plate of left overs before him and he forgot I existed.

Like the true shepherd to the flock that he is, rather than dive in to the evening fare, he twirred and trilled his call to the girls.

"Come see the feast! The bounty of food that *I*, your rooster, have provided for you!"

Very well, Coq Au. Take the credit. So long as the girls are healthy and happy, all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment