Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Stir Crazy.


I sit here at home as the late winter sky that is March carries on the business of dumping a foot of snow on us.

Although the earlier warming trend had my mind turning to spring, I am not surprised. Year after year March dumps heavy snow on us in an annual ritual of winter's last gasp (hopefully).

This snow was well predicted. It was even hyped as per usual. So, after sliding around my street in the pre dawn hours in a vain attempt to go to work, I stayed home and I kept the flock confined inside the coop. Some uneasy pangs of guilt crept into me as the morning dawn broke with only a rain/snow mix and little accumulation.

"I should've gone to work. I should've let the flock out into the run at least."

My wife, however, had already forbid me to go to work, so I even had a pang of guilt for defying her by making the attempt this morning anyway.

Well ... now the snow is heavy on the ground and heavy it does fall from the sky in increasing abundance (photo is from mid morning, and it is hard to tell in the shot, but the sky is a white-out). Glad I kept the flock in and glad to be safely at home rather than on the treacherous roads with my bald tires.

Oh cruel fates, and ye winds of March! Get ye hence into thy prison of winter domain and let the spring come!

Hopefully, this is the last gasp indeed. My flock is stir crazy, I am stir crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment