Sunday, March 11, 2018

Do You Have The Time?

Today we've changed the clocks.

As it turns out, chickens can't tell time. Neither can our pig Ruby, but in the spring (besides the loss of an hour's sleep) it works to my advantage!

I appreciate that Ruby isn't aware of the change and lets me sleep in a little before demanding breakfast. I feel confident that my neighbors appreciate Coq Au crowing about an hour later than usual.

I sit here thinking "How wonderful! My flock will have an hour more light in the evenings!" But chickens can't tell time. They don't notice the change of the clocks and for me, I wonder why we can't just stay in this permutation of artificial time and be done with clock changes once and for all.

The good news s, with the change, I'll be able to let the flock out some work evening when I get home. I still have to wait for the weather to break a little more, but that day is coming soon. If not this week, then maybe this month.

In other news ... time to get a chainsaw to settle a downed tree from last storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment